Monday, January 28, 2013

Daily Dose: Rust and Feathers

I've got a giant backlog of outfits, which I'm thankful for, because for the past few days, I've been meaning to snap some photos of what I've been wearing, but always end up thinking, 'Eh, I'll do it tomorrow'.  TOMORROW NEVER COMES.



Lately, I've noticed that I tend to purchase most of my items from the same few stores, but that this group of stores will change every once in a while.  Lately I've been purchasing a bunch of things from the Canadian retailer Smart Set.  They have killer end-of-season sales, and I recently picked up a bunch of studded camisoles that I love for five bucks each.  The rust-coloured camisole that I'm wearing above has lace panelling down both sides, which really adds a needed punch to a basic layering piece.  I bought it along with some other coloured siblings back when Smart Set was having its spring/summer end-of-season sale.  I think they were even cheaper, coming in at about $4 each.

Because of all this camisole buying I was doing, Smart Set decided to grace me with a $10 off card which had no minimum purchase.  I could not believe it.  I promptly went and purchased this feather necklace which cost me $4.  (Do you see a theme here?)

I have to tell you about this non-descript black boyfriend cardigan I'm wearing too.  It's not particularly fashionable, but I have worn the thing to death, and it's so pilly it really needs to be thrown away.  But I can't make myself get rid of it!  Have you ever had an item like that?


Rust camisole - size S - Smart Set - ~$4
Feather necklace - one size - Smart Set - $4 with 'gift card'
Skirt - size XS - Dynamite - ?
Cardigan - size XS - Urban Behaviour - $25
Plush-lined tights - size S/M - Ricki's - $16.50
Pumps - size 7 - Nine West - ~$50

12 comments:

  1. So beautiful. You're glowing. Adore this post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I'm running amok amongst your posts as I type. xD

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually much more versatile than I originally thought it was going to be!

      Delete
  3. lovely blog dear, how about following each other? :)

    www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll take a look at your blog right now!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much! <3 I will absolutely take a look at your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! Lets follow each other! Let me know if you want!
    Great blog!

    xx
    Biskvittka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog template by YummyLolly.com, modified by vitaminJ.