Thursday, January 31, 2013

Daily Dose: Tweed zebra

I used to be very against wedges.  I didn't like the chunkiness, but since then I have come to embrace wedge heels.  I do think you need to be careful and pair more delicate things with them to counteract the chunk though!  I think these zebra print wedge booties are the most outrageous pair of shoes I've got; my cousin came over one day and asked me why I owned a pair of hooker shoes.  BECAUSE.




Along with my zebra print shoes, I'm wearing my favorite pretend leather leggings.  I find that the interesting texture makes everyday outfits a bit more fun and adds some edge.  They're much more versatile than I originally thought!  This shirt is much more difficult to wear for me; its got a lot of different design elements, so I find its best to wear it with simple items.

This little tweed number is one I found at RW&Co, which is great for finding suiting and special occasion dresses for really cheap!  Sometimes they run crazy promotions, and I think I got this jacket for about eleven dollars!  This necklace is my most recent purchase from this outfit.  I like how it looks a bit like lace, but its really made of metal!

Lately I've been really into monochrome outfits mostly in black, white and grey.  How have you been feeling about colour these days?


Cowl neck tunic - RW&Co - size XS - ~$5
Liquid leggings - Suzy Shier - size S - $7
Tweed cropped jacket - RW&Co - size 00 - ~$11
Zebra print wedge booties - Forever 21 - size 7 - $18
Grey lace paneled tank top - Smart Set - size S - ~$4
Lace detail bib necklace - Claire's - one size - ~$5

11 comments:

  1. I Love 'the interesting texture makes everyday outfits a bit more fun and adds some edge'. I totally agree! Beautiful Wedge and love your leggings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I tried replying to your comment on my iPad and it was a big fail, lol. Thanks! I realized lately that texture is really, really fun to incorporate into outfits!

      Delete
  2. Loving your daily doses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm gonna try to add in some drawings again eventually, but a bit too busy right now unfortunately!

      Delete
  3. Love the tweed jacket, you look so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tweed jacket is super cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fell in love with wedges too when I discovered how comfy they were!!!
    Love your wedges. Also love your bib necklace and tweed jacket!!!
    And if had a hearty laugh with your cousin's comment! Lolz!
    Do stop by my blog too sometime doll!!!
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, yes cousins can be very amusing. xD Definitely will check out your blog fellow Indian fashion blogger!

      Delete
  6. Thanks! And sure! I'm checking out your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog template by YummyLolly.com, modified by vitaminJ.