Thursday, August 2, 2012

Daily Dose: Oh Baby

I haven't been too happy with the sketches I've been posting up here lately.  I just feel a bit... embarrassed, I suppose.  I had originally thought that I would draw all the images for the blog digitally, but I have now realized I really suck at digital drawing.  Back to the lovely feeling and ashy graphite wrists that come with pencil and paper!





I wore this outfit a long time ago (I'm not going to tell you how long because I am more embarrassed about that) to my cousin's baby shower.  I was a Very Important Lady at the shower and also happened to be the most overdressed, but everything turned out alright because the punch was delicious.  I have dreams about that punch to this day.

This cousin's sister, also my cousin, bought me a dress from H&M for my birthday a while back.  Unfortunately it was about 4 sizes too big.  Fortunately, I was able to exchange it for this one, which is right up my alley-- solid colour, flared skirt, small detail (there are buttons up the back of the torso).  I paired it with a colour-blocked belt I ordered online from Forever 21 and went matchy matchy with the cardigan and pumps.


Dress - H&M - gift (kind of?)
Cardigan - Kersh via The Bay
Belt - Forever 21 - $5.99
Bangle - H&M - 1/3 of a $2 set
Tights - Joe Fresh via the grocery store
Pumps - Spring - ~$30

7 comments:

  1. It's always better to be overdressed than underdressed! Also, I love the outfit. Purple is one of my favorite colors. Also, I think your digital illustrations are wonderful! Don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. xD I always have trouble pairing purple with things, but I'm going to consciously try to wear more purple items this fall.

      Aw, thanks! Sometimes I feel bad because I took a lot of time off from drawing and art in general because of school, and everyone I knew from the 'art world' has improved so much whereas I'm just stuck in the same place! But that's kind of the point in trying to illustrate parts of this blog-- keep improving my skills and give me an excuse to draw!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am trying to put more effort into them. xD

      Delete
  3. Thanks! I'm checking out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is amazing! You are very talented :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's very sweet of you. <3

      Delete

 

Blog template by YummyLolly.com, modified by vitaminJ.