Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Daily Dose: Green thumb

I have recently discovered maxis.  I don't know what it is, but they drive my usually logical brain into an irrational frenzy where I feel like I must have many, many maxis AT ALL TIMES.  After reflecting, I've decided it's the length and swooshiness of the maxi that makes it so desirable.  It's my grown-up way of dressing like a princess.  (Also swooshiness.)




I apologize for looking like life beat me up after school in this photo.  The boyfriend asked me why I looked so sad in all of my blog posts, and I told him that was my model face.  This is not America's Next Top Best Friend!  (Anyone remember that amazing season?)  I agree with him though and will try to smile more.

I got this maxi dress in Ottawa while Forever 21 was having a BOGO sale, and it ended up being dirt cheap.  Maxis don't really fit my life here in Canada, but I like to put them on and pretend I'm wandering the beaches of LA.  Basically, I'm glad I found a few for cheap!  They also work wonderfully for those lazy weekend afternoons where you don't really want to be bothered with clothes but need to wear them to be socially appropriate.  (Is it just me?  OK.)

I didn't accessorize too heavily to keep the beachy, carefree look intact.  The bangles are part of my large collection from India, and the shoes are great, comfortable wedges I bought quite a while ago before wedges become so darn popular.

Maxi dress - Forever 21 - size S - $4.50
Bangles - from India
Wedges - ? from Soft Moc - size 6 - ?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I went on a bit of a green bender earlier this year. xD

      Delete
  2. Nice lovely dress. It looks great on you.


    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for commenting! I hope you liked my blog and want to check again for new posts. If you do like it, you should definitely follow it and it would mean me a lot to get a new follower. This post is really great. I know the feeling wearing maxi-dresses and feeling like a princess! I like to do that aswell. :)

    Evamaria
    - http://despite-the-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! I like your hair, it's so gorgeous! I'm absolutely following your blog already. xD

      Delete

 

Blog template by YummyLolly.com, modified by vitaminJ.